Last Updated: June 1, 2023
- Definition of Personal Information
- What Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Tracking Data and Cookies
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Privacy of Children
- How Long We Store Information
- Your Rights
9.2. Residents of Nevada
9.3. Residents of Canada
9.6. Residents of Brazil
9.7. Residents of Mexico
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EU and Brazil Only)
- Changes to this Policy
- How to Contact Us
Holland, L.P. and its affiliates (collectively, “Holland”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respect the privacy of our customers, business partners, and online visitors, and are committed to protecting your privacy and using the information you share with us responsibly.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING INFORMATION TO US AND/OR USING OUR WEBSITES, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED, USED, AND DISCLOSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED IN THE FOLLOWING POLICY. TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE CLEAR AND UNEQUIVOCAL AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The following website owned and operated by Holland is subject to this Policy: www.hollandco.com (the “Website”).
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information. This includes, but is not limited to, information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, country of residence, and IP address.
3.1 Information We Collect Directly From You
We will collect and use personal information whenever you explicitly provide it to us. This includes:
3.2 Information We Collect About You Indirectly or Through a Third Party
We also collect and use personal information from third party sources. This includes:
- Information you voluntarily provide through our Website, such as when you select the “Contact Us” or “Join our Mailing List” options and submit the requested information. Some of the information you provide is collected on forms hosted by JotForm Inc. Although your responses are owned and managed by Holland, JotForm collects and stores the data that you submit. For further details, please click here to see JotForm’s Privacy Notice.
- Information you provide (online or offline) when you contact our Customer Service Representatives.
- Information you provide (online or offline) when you request information, a sales quotation, or place an order for Holland products or services.
- Information you provide when you visit any of our facilities.
- Information you provide when we visit your facility to provide services requested by you or others, or otherwise at your invitation.
- Information you provide directly to Holland at a tradeshow, conference, or event.
- Information you provide indirectly to Holland at tradeshows through badge scans and/or by submitting information through the show’s mobile application or website.
- Content you post or submit to us (such as messages, comments, and “likes”) in connection with Holland’s social media sites on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and/or Instagram.Information submitted through third party digital publications and/or online directories in which Holland participates, provided that, where necessary, you have given permission to those third parties to share your information.
- Information from publicly available sources.
- The information collected in connection with any of the above (3.1 and 3.2) may include your name and contact information, details about your request and/or your order, as well as any other information necessary to fulfill your request, to provide you with the requested product, service, or support, to invoice and collect payment for the requested products and services, and to be able to contact you.
3.3 Email Marketing
We may send marketing messages to your email address containing information such as newsletters, educational materials about products and services offered by Holland, product advertising, and survey requests. In such instances, we may also use your collected information to customize such marketing messages, as well as collect information on whether you opened such messages and which links in their text you followed. You can opt out or withdraw your consent to receive such emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link provided in every marketing email.
3.4 Information We Collect By Automated Means When You Use Our Websites
When you use our Website, we collect information about your activities during your visit in order to personalize your website experience, such as recording your preferences and settings, and to collect statistics to help us improve and further develop our Website, products and services. For example, we collect information concerning the specific pages you visit on the Website, and the amount of time you spend on each page. Additional details are provided in Section 4 below.
3.5 Other Ways We Use Information
In addition to the uses discussed above and elsewhere in this Policy, we use personal information for the following business and operational purposes:
(i) to operate, evaluate and improve our business; (ii) to protect the security or integrity of our Website; (iii) to comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures; (iv) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (vi) to protect and defend the rights, privacy, safety, or property of Holland, our Affiliates, customers, you, and others; (vii) to protect against, identify, and investigate fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and (viii) to exercise, establish, or defend Holland’s legal rights.
We may also use the personal information we collect for those specific purposes that we provide you notice of at the time of collection, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
Specific information about the third-party cookies we commonly use on our Website can be found below. This list is not exhaustive, but is intended to illustrate the primary purposes for which we typically set third-party cookies.
4.1 Google Analytics and Google Ads
4.2 Facebook Pixel
4.3 LinkedIn Insight Tag
We may disclose your personal information to the categories of third parties described below as necessary to carry out the purposes described in this Policy.
- Affiliates. We may disclose your personal information to our parent company and companies under common control of our parent company.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to third parties that we use to help us run our business, including vendors and other companies that provide us with services such as: website hosting; operating systems and platforms; email delivery; information technology services and related infrastructure. We disclose your personal information to these Service Providers only to the extent such information is needed by the Service Provider to carry out the service(s) it is performing on our behalf. Each of these Service Providers are obligated to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
- Legal/Compliance Related Recipients. We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities, government entities, or other third parties as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) to comply with a search warrant, court order, subpoena, or other legal process; (2) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (3) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect and defend the rights, privacy, safety or property of Holland, our Affiliates, customers, you and others; (7) to protect against, identify, and investigate fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; or (8) to exercise, establish, or defend Holland’s legal rights.
- Transaction Participants. We may disclose your personal information to a third party in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to such third party.
- Other Third Parties. We may also disclose your personal information to other categories of third parties with your consent or as described to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
The Website is not directed to children, which for purposes of this Policy are individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect (nor do we intend to collect) any personal information from children. If you are less than 18 years old, please do not send any personal information to us, including information such as your name, address, or email address. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will delete that information from our database.
Your information is stored on Holland’s servers located in the United States. We use industry standard physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information, as no system is ever completely secure. If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us as provided below.
We may retain personal information about you as long as it is necessary for us to fulﬁll the purposes outlined in this Policy. In addition, we may retain your personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where required by applicable law, we shall delete your personal information when such data is no longer necessary, or when requested to do so.
9.1 Additional Privacy Notice for California Residents (see Addendum I)
9.2 Additional Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents (see Addendum II)
9.3 Additional Privacy Notice for Residents of Canada (see Addendum III)
9.4 Additional Privacy Notice for Individuals Located in Australia (see Addendum_IV)
9.5 Additional Privacy Notice for Individuals Located in the European Union (“EU”) (see Addendum V)
9.6 Additional Privacy Notice for Residents of Brazil (see Addendum VI)
9.7 Additional Privacy Notice for Residents of Mexico (see Addendum VII)
- When necessary to achieve our legitimate interests where such interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests are described in more detail in Sections 3, 4 and 5 of this Policy, but typically include: (i) fulfilling our obligations; (ii) improving, maintaining, providing and enhancing our products and services; (iii) supporting our marketing activities; and (iv) providing a stable, consistent, and secure user experience in connection with our Website, and helping us modify or enhance our Website and its content.
- When necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
- When necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- When we have your consent to do so.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will post the revised Policy on our Website and include the date the Policy was last updated. We may also notify you by email that our Policy has changed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us by email at: email@example.com, or at the following mailing address: Holland, L.P., Attn: Marketing, 1000 Holland Drive, Crete, IL 60417.
9.1 Additional Privacy Notice for California Residents
For purposes of this California Privacy Notice, personal information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include: (1) publicly available information; or (2) consumer information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information.
Please note that this California Privacy Notice does not apply to personal information concerning or relating to Holland’s employees or applicants for employment. The treatment of personal information of those individuals is detailed in the separate privacy notice we provide to our California employees and applicants for employment.
Personal Information We Collect and Disclose
The CCPA describes several categories of personal information. The following chart lists those categories and identifies which categories we have collected, as well as those we have disclosed to third parties for our business purposes, during the past 12 months.
|Disclosed to the Following Third Parties for a Business Purpose
|A real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
|Affiliates; Service Providers;
Legal/Compliance Related Recipients
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
|A name, signature, address, telephone number, as well as government issued identification numbers and financial information.
Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Affiliates; Service Providers;
Legal/Compliance Related Recipients
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
|Age (40 and over), race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, disability, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information.
|Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
|Affiliates; Service Providers;
Legal/Compliance Related Recipients
|Genetic, physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics that can be used to establish individual identity, such as: imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings from which an identifier template can be extracted.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information
|Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|Affiliates; Service Providers;
Legal/Compliance Related Recipients
|Physical location or movements.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|Video or audio recordings made with your consent.
|Affiliates; Other Third Parties
|Professional or employment-related information
|Work history, prior employer, performance evaluations.
|Information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
|Inferences drawn from any of the above information
|Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
|Personal Information Defined as “Sensitive” under the CCPA
|This category includes (i) social security, driver’s license, state identification card, and passport number; (ii) account log-in and access information; (iii) precise geolocation; (iv) racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (v) contents of communications unless Holland is the intended recipient of the communication; (vi) genetic data; and (vii) information concerning health.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Direct interactions with you, such as the information you voluntarily provide when you contact us, request information, place an order for Holland products or services, or provide information to us at a trade show or in some other context;
- Automated means when you visit our Website, such as logging the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and
- Third parties, such as social media networks, data analytics providers, and publicly available sources.
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use;
- Performing services, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, and providing other similar services;
- Providing advertising and marketing services;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Holland, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance such service or device.
Sale of Personal Information
Holland does not sell or share your personal information within the meaning of the CCPA.
Rights under the CCPA
- Right to Know: You have the right to request any or all of the following for the 12-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your personal information.
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of your personal information disclosed for a business purpose.
- The categories of third parties with whom your personal information was disclosed for a business purpose.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete any of the personal information we collected from you, subject to the exceptions set forth in the CCPA (California Civil Code § 1798.105(d)). These exceptions include instances where it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to provide a good or service you requested, perform a contract with you, or comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: Holland will not discriminate against any individual who exercises any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please submit your request using one of the following methods: (1) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; (2) by phone at 1-800-899-7754; or (3) by completing and submitting the CCPA Request Form found here.
Your request should include your name, address, phone number, email address, and relationship to Holland. After you submit your request, we will take steps to verify your identity to ensure that you are the individual about whom Holland has collected information. We will attempt to verify your identity by matching the pieces of personal information you provided with the personal information maintained by Holland. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may contact you for additional information. If we are ultimately unable to verify your identity, we will inform you of such and your request will be denied.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf if the authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California. To make a request on your behalf, the authorized agent must first provide a copy of either: (1) a written statement signed by you authorizing such agent to submit a request on your behalf; or (2) a valid power of attorney issued pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4121 to 4130. The authorized agent must email one of the aforementioned documents to us at email@example.com and include a phone number where the agent may be reached during regular business hours. Prior to fulfilling a CCPA request submitted by your authorized agent, we may require you to verify your own identity and/or directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent with permission to submit a request on your behalf.
In most cases, we will respond to your request to know, request to correct, and request to delete within 45 days. If additional time is needed to respond to your request, we will notify you within 45 days.
9.2 Additional Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents
Although we do not “sell” any “covered information” of Nevada residents, as those terms are defined under Nevada law (NRS Chapter 603A), in the unlikely event that we change our practice and you would like to be notified of such change, please send your name and email address to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we change our practice, at which time you will be given an opportunity to exercise your opt-out rights under NRS Chapter 603A. It is your responsibility to keep your notice contact information current, so please update your email address as necessary by sending any changes to us by email at: email@example.com.
9.3 Additional Privacy Notice for Residents of Canada
If you are a resident of Canada, you have the following rights regarding your personal information: (1) the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you; (2) the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of such information; and (3) the right to have such information amended as appropriate. To exercise any of these rights or register a privacy-related complaint, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we process your request.
9.4 Additional Privacy Notice for Individuals Located in Australia
- Please note that you do not have to provide us with your personal information but if you do not provide us with the personal information that we need, we may be unable to provide you with the requested products and/or services.
- We will not use or disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose (a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected), unless: (i) you consent to such use or disclosure; (ii) you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used or disclosed for the secondary purpose; or (iii) such use or disclosure is permitted under the Australian Privacy Act.
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, subject to a small number of legal restrictions or exemptions contained in the Australian Privacy Act. To request access to your personal information, please contact us by email at: email@example.com. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we process your request.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date so that we can update our records accordingly.
9.5 Additional Privacy Notice for Individuals Located in the European Union (“EU”)
If you are located in the EU, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information. Note that the term “personal information” as used in this Policy and EU Privacy Notice is equivalent to the term “personal data” as defined in the GDPR.
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal information we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal information;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal information;
- Right to Object – the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal information on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal information in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal information to third parties;
- Right to Not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect;
- Right to Lodge a Complaint - in the event you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint:
- With the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the EU can be found here.
If you are located in the EU and wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us by email at: email@example.com. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we process your request.
9.6 Additional Privacy Notice for Residents of Brazil
If you are a resident of Brazil, you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Right to confirmation of the existence of processing;
- Right of access to data;
- Right to correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
- Right to anonymization, redaction or elimination of unnecessary or excessive personal data, or of data that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to deletion of personal data processed with your consent;
- Right to disclosure of third parties with whom personal data is shared;
- Right to information about consent choices and the consequences of refusing consent; and
- Right to revocation of consent.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we process your request.
9.6 Additional Privacy Notice for Residents of Mexico
Holland, L.P. (“Holland”), located at 1000 Holland Drive, Crete, IL, 60417, USA, is the entity responsible for the collection and use of your personal information.
Collection of your Personal Information
Use of your Personal Information
- To provide you with the requested product(s) or service(s), and to invoice and collect payment for those products and services;
- To provide you with the requested support or otherwise fulfill your request;
- To manage our relationship with you, including being able to contact you;
- To help us improve and further develop our website, products, and services;
- To personalize your website experience;
- To protect the security or integrity of our website;
- To conduct research and analytics;
- To meet our legal obligations;
- To protect and defend our rights and the rights of others; or
- Other purposes that we provide you notice of at the time of collection.
Options to Limit the Way we Use Your Personal Information
If you do not want your personal information used in connection with direct marketing purposes, you may opt out or withdraw your consent to receive marketing emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link provided in every marketing email, or by contacting us as provided below.
Additionally, to the extent permitted by law, you may revoke your consent to our use of your personal information by contacting us as provided below. However, please be advised that if you revoke our ability to use certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested product(s) or service(s).
Transfer of your Personal Information
Rights Under the LPD (Commonly Known as “ARCO Rights”)
- Access: You have the right to be informed of and request access to the personal information we have about you.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we update or correct your personal information.
- Cancellation: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- Opposition: You have the right to request that your personal information not be used for specific activities.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise any of your ARCO Rights, please submit a request using the contact information set forth below. In order for your request to be considered complete, it must include the following: (i) your full name; (ii) your contact information (email address, phone number and/or mailing address); (iii) which right you wish to exercise; and (iv) a copy of an official government issued ID. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we process your request. We will respond within twenty (20) business days from the date we receive your completed request, or as otherwise provided by law.
Please contact us using one of the following methods:
1000 Holland Drive
Crete, IL 60417